Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 4

Had a very hectic morning today and ended up missing my AM nap that I've been taking right before work. Worst. Decision. Ever. I didn't have much of a choice because I had a deadline to meet, but boy did I suffer as a result. If this is what other bloggers allude to as 'being hit by a truck,' this was probably it. Note, I have never been hit by a truck, nor do I ever want to, but take it from me, this morning was horrible. It says something for sheer willpower (with a touch of adrenaline) to have been reasonably productive during that time. The real kicker, however, was by the time I decided to take my afternoon nap (about 30 minutes early, because that's just how crappy I felt), I couldn't fall asleep! Well, I don't think I fell asleep, but who knows. I certainly don't didn't recall any dreams.

Oddly enough, after that nap and a cup of coffee, I managed to make it through the day pretty well. I actually felt really good for the next 2 hrs after the nap + coffee. To top it all off, I just got back from my home town playing ultimate frisbee with some old friends from high school. I'm very curious how tonight goes after running myself ragged for hours on end. I already know that I won't be able to move, but that's an entirely different issue. I'll take note of how I feel physically and see if the napping is having any deleterious effect on physical recovery.

On good note, I think my short-term memory is improving. I did slightly better with my index cards today, but I still need to run through them one more time before going to bed. I'm studying for the GREs for Graduate School and I'm trying to learn 25 words each day over the next 48 days. That equates to 1200 words, or everything that I have from my prep-books.

Anyhow, I got some food in me now besides hamburgers (yogurt + blueberries and strawberries = good times). Also had some cinnamon applesauce to boot! I just finished a nice chamomile tea, and after some final reviewing and perhaps a little reading, it's off for bed! I didn't sleep too well last night ... I feel like I was tossing and turning a bit, so hopefully tonight will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment