Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Days 8-10

I haven't posed anything in few days because the routine has been about the same (also, because I've been playing Mass Effect far more than I ought).

A few things of note - the drop in body temperature and related chills have been passing except for a few hours while I'm at work. Coincidentally, it occurs most often between my two morning naps, which I think it simply an adjustment to the naps, themselves. Core body temperature drops a little bit when one sleeps. I've read theories that it's an energy saving mechanism and/or helps the brain "sleep" more efficiently, but what I can say for sure is that it makes a palpable difference on how the surrounding world feels. I've had quite a few people at work look at me oddly because I'm wearing a sweater when it's in the 70's or 80's outside. Granted, the AC is usually set to "Antarctica," but when you're doubling up and the next most sensitive person is peachy in a tee-shirt, it does say something. I want to impress that I'm not uncomfortably cold, just a little chilly, and the sweater does help bunches.

The next thing is that the naps are slowly getting more efficient. I'm dreaming more often, falling asleep quicker, and slowly feeling better. It's still a long slog during the early parts of the day, but by the afternoon I'm feeling great. I was just reading a few blogs earlier that referenced the notion that even a 3-hr everyman can take a month or so to adjust to. I wonder how long it will take for my routine to sink in. Will it ever? Sadly, even the adjustment period for Uberman is 2-3 weeks, so I might have a long haul ahead of me. I guess it goes without saying that 24 years of conditioning leaves a powerful impression upon the body and mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment